Held on November 9, 2021 at 6:00pm
● Picture day was a success
● Picture retakes will take place on December 12th. More information will be sent in Sunday’s smore.
● Mena and teaches are looking into a “bring-in field trip” from mass audubon, museum of science, etc. to our science room
● PTO has money set aside for enrichment and field trips for students and will be able to financially support these opportunities for students.
● All enrichment opportunities will be hands-on science activities for students.
● Mena asked the PTO to give a ballpark range that each grade level has for field
trips/enrichment. The PTO will be able to provide this information soon.
● Mena would like to hold a read-a-thon and book fair in January/February to help promote the school-wide reading initiative that will begin on November 29th. She would also like a spirit day that helps promote the reading initiative.
○ PTO will meet with Mena to discuss further details.
● Mena is looking to bring back the walking to school program.
○ A company will teach street safety to 2nd and 3rd graders.
○ Program will take place in the spring.
● Our first “Trunk or Treat” was a huge success!
• The PTO will send “thank yous” to all who decorated trunks.
• We had a total of 15 cars decorated.
• The event was very well attended. We had approximately 100 kids attend. All prizes were used.
• There is potential to do “Trunk or Treat” next year and going forward. Lot of parents have expressed interest in contributing in the future with decorating cars and purchasing prizes.
● Creation of new PTO bylaws
• We have Lowell/Hosmer’s PTO bylaws to use as a template.
• Bethany Grazio has offered to review the bylaws.
● Setting up our PTO room in new building
• Natasha and Jen will be setting up our new room on Friday.
• We are looking into off-site storage. We will need to inventory and document everything well at off-site storage for easy accessibility.
● Potential Spirit Days
• We are working with Mena and her team to determine potential Spirit Days and related purchases.
• “Wild about reading” - wear something wild
• Hats off to reading - hat day
• Reading knocks my socks off - mix & match socks
• Comfy to read - cozy day, PJ day
• Read with pet/stuffie - bring stuffie to school, picture reading with their pet
• One Friday a month to go with reading initiative
• Prizes, picture books, grade-level specific
• Planning of first spirit day to be Dec. 3rd
● Belmont books is interested in partnering for book fair
• It has been a good partnership in the past with lots of opportunities for the students to meet the authors.
• There will be an incentives for kids to buy books, discounts
• Mena will set meeting up over zoom
• Mena thinks February would be a good month for the book fair.
• We include Lowell in our book fair this year due to their space limitations.
● Photography session fundraiser idea (from Mrs. Lacy)
• Sessions are $75 ($45 for photographer and $30 for PTO)
• 15-minute photo sessions
• 20-25 digital images are delivered via link to album to families in approximately 2 weeks.
• Possible timing of photo sessions; next fall (for holiday cards), valentine’s day shoot, springtime for 5th grade graduations, end of year photos.
• If the photos need to be taken inside, Shannon Dixon is the building rental coordinator.
● It was a very quiet month just trunk or treat expenses
5th Grade Update
● No update
● The PTO is looking into running the pie fundraiser if the 5th graders no longer want to run it.
● Tuesday, December 7 at 6:00pm
We will have a joint meeting with the School Site Council, Diversity and Belonging Council and
PTO via zoom on November 30th.